Customer Service Specialist
If you know anything about the construction business, you know that getting the right products to the right site on time and safely is the benchmark of success. It is both challenging and rewarding work. We are Team Convoy, we are a distributor of construction materials, we supply roofing, building envelope and below grade materials and we want folks with great people skills on our team because, in the end – people make all the difference.
We’re looking for self-sufficient, motivated Customer Service Specialist for our Capitol Heights location at 231 W. Hampton Place who want to help us expand our fast-growing business.
- Process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, and/or returns
- Coordinate delivery and/or pick up of customer orders with the operations team
- Educate customers on different products and their applications
- Generate, place, and confirm purchase orders with suppliers
- Receive payment for merchandise or services sold and log sales into the computer; responsible for payments received and adhering all administrative and accounting related procedures
- Participate in the physical inventory of warehouse materials
- Experience assisting customers with product procurement - preferably in the building supply and/or construction industry
- Problem solving skills with a natural ability to respond quickly and accurately to inquiries, handle a fast-paced environment, and keep a sense of humor
- Excellent decision making and ability to take initiative
- Well organized, strong attention to detail
- Must be a respectful team player
- Excellent communication skills in English, spoken Spanish is an asset
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare – we offer multiple options, and Convoy picks up a generous portion of single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- 401K – save for retirement with a traditional 401K account or Roth 401K – you are eligible after 90 days of employment, and Convoy matches a portion of your contribution
- Employee referral bonus program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
Convoy Supply, founded in 1972, is a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with over 40 locations across North America. Convoy prides itself on being the most responsive, problem-solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business.
Convoy can be a job or a career. Find out more at:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Convoy Supply Inc. provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.