||Control System Specialist
||Propak Energy Services
||Apr 5, 2023
We provide service for gas compression and power generation equipment, including warranty service, minor and major maintenance, replacement parts, and equipment exchange, through a network of service locations throughout Western Canada and the United States Rocky Mountain Region.
The Control System Specialist will be responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of all Instrumentation and Electrical components in gas compression related facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting both new and used gas compression equipment primarily in the North Dakota Region, with some travel to support other US regions as well.
- Install, calibrate, test, troubleshoot, and maintain instrumentation equipment on new or existing compressor packages / plant equipment according to manufacturers' specifications.
- Interpret and use appropriate NEC, ISA, and API installation standards and practices.
- Configure PLCs, HMIs, RTU, DCS, and SCADA systems for the oil and gas industry.
- Commission controls systems across North America.
- Test, calibrate, and troubleshoot electrical equipment and instrumentation.
- Understand, review, and modify electrical schematics, P&IDs, Cause & Effects, and control narratives.
- Conduct site acceptance test on control systems and oil and gas equipment to engineering documentation (Loop/HMI/Logic checks).
- Provides ongoing technical support to clients.
- Travels to assist in the commissioning, start-up and ongoing maintenance support.
- Tune and optimize control system loops.
- Use and maintain pneumatic, electrical, and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults.
- Consult with and advise process operators and Field Engineers.
- Repair, maintain, and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts.
- Perform risk assessments.
- A graduate of a recognized diploma, associate’s degree, or degree in Electrical/Instrumentation/Mechanical/Automation Engineering is required.
- Journeyman Certification license in North Dakota required.
- 3+ years’ experience in industrial control systems.
- The following experience is required:
- Programming PLC/DCS/HMI control systems
- Programming Allen-Bradley PLC’s
- Programming using Rockwell Automation software including.
- FactoryTalk View Site Edition
- FactoryTalk View Machine Edition
- Interpret P&ID’s, cause and effect, and control narratives
- On-site commissioning, start-up and functional testing.
- Demonstrated experience with IEC 61131-1 languages
- Data integration and troubleshooting of Modbus communications
- Previous Maintenance Services experience (e.g. steady state, Turnaround, Shutdown, Outage, etc.)
- Ability to read P&ID, Instrument Index, Shutdown Key, and Control Narrative
- Experience with the following is considered an asset
- DeltaV Controls Systems
- ABB Total Flow Computers
- Emerson FB1200 Flow Computers
- Eaton and Allen-Bradley Smart MCC devices
- Experience working and executing maintenance in a live plant
- Understanding of industrial instrumentation is an asset
- Understanding of compression, rotating equipment, or gas plant operations experience is an asset
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- 401K matching
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Relocation assistance available for select positions