||Stamping Room Supervisor Huntsville 2158925|
General Purpose of the Job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and coordinates activities of production workers by performing the following duties:
- Metal Stamping Experience
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs set up and adjustments of machines.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to department associates and assigns duties.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Analyzes and solves work problems, or assists department associates in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate associates to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Conduct accident investigations.
- Provide orientation and training for new employees.
- Ensure acceptable attendance levels are maintained.
- Communicate with quality department to ensue consistent application of quality requirements.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and the OHSA.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Responsible for the assigned associates within the production department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but not limited to; training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree; or three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Machine Operator, Machine Operators, General Labour, General Labourer, General Labor, General Laborer, General Help, Manufacturing General Labour, Production Operator, Assembly Line Worker, Assembler, Production Line Worker, Production Assembly Line, Alabama, AL, Tennessee, Athens, Harvest, Hazel Green, Moores Mill, Madison, Decatur, Tanner, Rogersville, Hartselle, Moulton, Arab, Guntersville, Scottsboro, Bridgeport, Flat Rock, Rainsville, Fort Payne, Albertville, Florence, Muscle Shoals, Cullman, Hanceville, Attalla, Sheet Metal Worker, Sheet Metal Workers, Metal Working, Metal Worker